Developed by Katharine Jorgensen in 1980, pygoras are a cross between an angora and a pygmy goat. Only goats registered with The Pygora Breeder Association (PBA) can use the term pygora.
Pygoras were purposely bred to produce a fine fiber for hand spinning. Easy to card and blend, this luxury fiber takes dye well and is ideal for your next special project.
Pygoras come in a wide variety of colors, from a cream/white to grey, black, tan and browns.
Pygora fleece is categorized as either Type A, Type B or Type C.
- Type A - Average staple length of six inches with ringlets. Similar to kid mohair fiber.
- Type B - Average staple length of three to six inches. Combination of both mohair and cashmere characteristics.
- Type C - Average staple length of one to three inches and is the softest of the pygora fiber types. Similar to cashmere fiber.
Purchase pygora goat fiber for your next project today!
This pygora fiber has been washed and dehaired. (May contain small number of random guard hairs)
- Content: 100% Type-B Pygora Fiber
- Breed: Pygora Goat
- Weight: 1.0 oz.
- Staple Length: 3.0 - 6.0 inches
- Country of Origin: USA