Nina's Favorite Mittens and Socks from Around Norway: Over 40 Traditional Knitting Patterns Inspired by Norwegian Folk-Art Collections
Author: Nina Granlund Saether
Nina Granlund Sæther—the best-selling author of Mittens from Around Norway, Socks from Around Norway, and Knits from Around Norway—is a fan favorite of knitters worldwide for her attention to detail, her engaging color combinations, and her talent for breathing fresh life into Norwegian textile history. Now, she’s brought together a selection of her personal favorites from her previous titles, plus a handful of brand-new patterns, in this one-of-a-kind collection of two-of-a-kind projects: over 40 patterns for both mittens and socks, inspired by traditional designs from every corner of Norway.
- Discover tips and tricks for casting on, binding off, heel shaping, working multi-color stranded knitting, finishing mittens and socks successfully, and more
- Explore a wide variety of techniques and stitches, including ribbing, lace and openwork, cables, two-color knitting, and braids
- Learn about handcrafting traditions and patterns from all over Norway
Nina Granlund Saether grew up in Asker, Norway just outside Oslo. Her love for and interest in knitting, sewing, embroidery, and crochet started before she was even old enough to attend school. She is educated as a craft teacher and taught at the high school level for a short time. In 1987 she started her career as a journalist with Norsk Husflid, a Norwegian arts and crafts magazine. In 2013 she was honored for her work by The Norwegian Specialized Press Association. Saether has written several books about arts and crafts, mainly knitting. She is the author of "Mittens from Around Norway," "Socks from Around Norway" and "Knits from Around Norway" published by Trafalgar Square Books.
- Hardcover: 152 pages
- Publisher: Trafalgar Square Books (March 14, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1646011643
- ISBN-13: 9781646011643
- Dimensions: 8.8 x 0.30 x 8.8 inches