Knits from Around Norway
Author: Nina Granlund Sæther
Nina Granlund Sæther has captivated knitters intrigued by the textile history of Norway, with deep dives into the rich pattern traditions for both mitten and sock knitting that have formed in various regions of the country. Now she expands her scope to knitwear of all kinds, including shawls, sweaters, cardigans, hats, and more, in this brand-new collection.
With her trademark attention to detail and patience for painstaking reproduction of knitted patterns, based on archival photographs and examples preserved in museum collections, Nina guides readers through the history and origins of each design, in a fascinating step-by-step tour of Norwegian knitting tradition no knitter should be without.
- A wide variety of styles and techniques, including colorwork, relief stitch, openwork, cabling, and more
- Adaptable patterns for men and women in sizes from S to XXL
- Tips and tricks covering multiple knitting skills, including working in multiple colors, finishing necklines and sweater edges, and picking up and completing thumbs and heels
- A deeper understanding of Scandinavian knitting history—and of the living cultural traditions that follow in its footsteps today
Nina Granlund Sæther grew up in Asker, Norway, just outside Oslo. Her love for and interest in knitting, sewing, embroidery, and crochet started before she was even old enough to go to school. She is educated as a craft teacher and worked for a short time in high school. In 1987 she started her career as a journalist with Norsk Husflid, a Norwegian arts and crafts magazine. Today she works as an editor in chief at Hus & Bolig, a magazine about houses and property. In 2013 she was honored for her work by The Norwegian Specialized Press Association. Sæther has written several books about arts and crafts, and also designs for some Norwegian magazines; her focus is creating original and visually striking craft in a Scandinavian-influenced tradition. She is the author of "Mittens from Around Norway" and "Socks from Around Norway" published by Trafalgar Square Books.
- Hardcover : 176 pages
- Publisher : Trafalgar Square Books (June 8, 2021)
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 1646010477
- ISBN-13 : 978-1646010479
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 11.25 inches