Weaving on the Julia
Even if you have never woven before, you can do it now with this new instructional DVD. Becky Ashenden guides you through setting up your loom and weaving a complete project on the Julia, the little red loom from loom from Glimakra. The techniques she presents here are greatly simplified from her earlier videos: tedious knot tying, for example, is nearly eliminated.
- Assemble the loom
- Prepare the loom for weaving
- Wind the warp and put it on the loom
- Thread the heddles
- Sley the reed
- Tie the warp to the front beam
- Make a counterbalance tie up
- Check for problems
- Wind a shuttle
- Weave a project
- Remove the weaving from the loom and finish it
- Use a temple
- Move on to more advanced projects
Many of these techniques will also be helpful to beginning weavers on other looms, particularly counterbalance styles.