Glimakra Julia Floor Loom
Glimakra's Julia loom weaves 26 inches wide and can be ordered as either a countermarch or counterbalance. If you purchase Julia as a four shaft loom, you can later add the other four shafts. It is a great loom for both the beginner and experienced weaver looking for a compact floor loom.
- Julia can produce a high quality weave. You can weave a very tight weave or a very open weave. Some weavers weave rugs on their Julia looms.
- Julia is compact, taking a floor space of only 32"x 32". It goes through a doorway and is light weight for easy moving, approximately 60 lbs when warped.
- Julia has a very sturdy frame, assembled with bolts. The loom stays stable as you tighten the tension and weave. There are no wing nuts which can loosen as you weave. It is easy to take apart and stores in a small space.
- Since Julia is a countermarch loom, the warp threads can be tightened very tightly while still giving you great sheds. The warp threads stay tight for easier shuttle throwing, without skipped threads.
- The treadling is always light and easy and the shafts move easily in response to your treadling.
- Julia is comfortable for weaving because it is not a short loom. The breast beam height is 32 inches, giving more leg space and comfort for treadling and treadle tie-up.
- Julia is comfortable for warping. The reed is easy to remove from the beater, as there are no bolts to remove or wing nuts to loosen.
- Julia is comfortable for threading heddles. It is easy to add heddles or to remove them, even during threading, since the shafts have open sides and are easy to access. You never need to count heddles.
- The hanging beater gives an even beat and it hangs back, out of the way. A beater cradle is provided so that you can advance the beater as you weave. This means, you can weave several inches with an even beat before you need to advance the warp.
- Texsolv tie-up cord is adjustable to give you perfect sheds. Using the Texsolv plastic pins means you don’t have to tie knots.
- 8x8 CM - 8-Shaft, 8-Treadle Countermarche
- 4x6 CM - 4-Shaft, 6-Treadle Countermarche
- 4x6 CB - 4-Shaft, 6-Treadle Counterbalance
- 2x2 CB - 2-Shaft, 2-Treadle Counterbalance
- DVD and written instructions
- 12 dent reed
- 500 heddles
- Tie-up kit
- 24 beaming sticks
- Lease sticks
- Shaft holders
- Cord threader
- Sley hook
- Book: "Learning to Warp your Loom"
Depth x Width
Glimakra Julia Loom
|32" x 31"|