Leclerc Floor Looms
Looms are shipped knocked down for easier handling; all looms have 6 treadles and all (except Compact and Fanny II models that come with a 12-dent carbon reed) include your choice of carbon reed (6, 8, 10 or 12-dent - or pay a supplement if you prefer a stainless steel reed), a heddle hook, 2 lease sticks, 1 boat shuttle, 1 dozen styrene bobbins (except for Compact and Fanny II models), the book "Warp and Weave" and assembly instructions and video. All (except for Compact) come with at least 1,000 wire heddles; if you prefer inserted eye heddles, price is slightly higher. Sectional warp beams allowing the warp to be easily and quickly beamed by one person, are also available. A tension box, yardage counter and bobbin rack to be used with the sectional warp beam are also available. A flying shuttle beater and double warp beam are optional for 45" and wider looms.
We have a page on selecting a loom.
Items Needed to use a Weaving Loom
- 2 or more boat or other shuttles
- 12 or more bobbins for boat shuttles
- Reed Hook and Heddle Hook
- Warping Board or Warping Mill and Raddle (or sectional warp beam, tension box with counter and bobbin rack)
- book ("Learning to Weave” or "Weaving for Beginners") and DVDs ( "Introduction to Weaving” and "Beginning 4-harness Weaving” )
The Woolery has put together a Weaver's Start Up Kit and a Premium Weaver's Start Up Kit with many of the needed weaving accessories.
Optional Weaving Accessories
- Bobbin Winder
- A variety of Shuttles
- Extra Reeds
- Swift and Ballwinder if your yarn comes in skeins
- Fringe Twister
- Yarn Balance
- Ott light
- Extra Harnesses
If you don't find exactly what you want, or would like a loom recommendation, please call the shop directly at 800-441-9665 or contact us for assistance.