Vivian Hoxbro's Knitting Handbook: 8 Schools of Modular Knitting
Author: Vivian Hoxbro
Eight techniques, sixteen patterns--infinite combinations, and endless inspiration!
Vivian Høxbro, the knitting expert behind Traditional Danish Sweaters, is back with a brand-new collection of basic pattern figures—but don't let their simplicity fool you! Stripes, squares, triangles, angles, stairs, chevrons, circles, and shells are some of Høxbro's favorite foundational design elements, undeniably classic and endlessly flexible; these elementary shapes, reimagined and dynamically combined, form sixteen delightful projects, for knitting that's fun, playful, and undeniably clever.
- Patterns for blouses, vests, shawls, scarves, pillow covers, and more
- Step-by-step instructions for each fundamental shape, with accompanying full-color photographs
- An inspirational toolset you can use to create new design combinations of your own
Vivian Høxbro has worked as a knitwear designer for over 35 years, both self-employed and for yarn companies. She has written 12 knitting books, some of which have been published in Norway, Japan, and the USA-including Traditional Danish Sweaters, published in 2019 by Trafalgar Square Books. Since then, she has taught and given lectures in Scandinavia, as well as in the USA and Japan, and is working to make Denmark's first knitting museum in Stubbekøbing a reality. Vivian currently resides in Stubbekøbing, Sweden.
- Hardcover: 194 pages
- Publisher: Trafalgar Square Books (April 19, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 164601135X
- ISBN-13: 9781646011353
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.5 x 9.9 inches