Tapestry with Pulled Warp: Inspiration, Technique, and the Creative Process
Author: Susan Iverson
Designed for adventurous weavers of all skill levels who love a new challenge, this is the first book on the intriguing pulled-warp technique.
Used through the decades by a handful of weavers to create 3-D tapestries, and also to make flat tapestries that bend and curve, pulled warp helps weavers achieve exciting results. Susan Iverson, a professional weaver who has spent years researching and using this technique, is known for her skillful teaching style.
- Clear, easy-to-follow instructions enable weavers to use pulled-warp innovations in their own work.
- Includes the technical and designing details that creative weavers want
- Beautiful examples woven by Susan Iverson demonstrate what pulled warp has to offer.
- Can be used in several ways: as an intensive workshop-like experience, an inspiration for weavers at any level, and a source of technical ideas to try
- Directly relevant to weavers at any stage, since Iverson shares how the technique has had an impact on different phases of her weaving career.
Susan Iverson taught for 40 years as a professor at Virginia Commonwealth University in the Department of Craft/Material Studies. She has held workshops on the pulled-warp technique, including at Penland School of Craft, and has used it widely in her art. Her tapestries are in the collections of the Art in Embassies Program, Capital One, the Avenir Museum, and the Renwick Gallery at the Smithsonian American Art Museum in Washington, DC. Iverson lives near Richmond, Virginia. www.susaniversonart.com
- Spiral-bound: 176 pages
- Publisher: Schiffer (February 28, 2024)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0764367609
- ISBN-13: 9780764367601
- Dimensions: 8.0 x 0.75 x 10 inches