Kromski Polonaise Spinning Wheel - Unfinished
The Polonaise features functional wood threaded wheel angle adjustments so the proper angle can be obtained with the flyer. "Pin and socket" bearings support the wheel, offering low friction and exceptional ease of treadling. All of the wheel hardware sits between the wheel posts and the footman passes through the bench to the treadle.
The Polonaise is made with European alder and birch and comes standard with double drive and scotch tensioning. The bobbins hold a full 4 oz. package of yarn and they fit on all the other Kromski wheels if you start a collection. With its antique look, the Polonaise makes the perfect wheel for reenactors. This wheel comes boxed as a kit and requires about a half hour to assemble. Available unfinished and finished.
- Wheel: diameter 24" - weight 16 lbs.
- Orifice: height 25" - size 3/8"
- Bobbin size: full 4 oz. - 3 included
- Vertical style Tensioned Kate
- Ratios: 8, 12, 16 and 20 to 1
- Two whorls
- Bearings on bobbins and treadle
- Leather bearings on flyer