Handknits from Rauma, Norway: 30 New Takes on Traditional Norwegian Designs
Author: Bente Presterud
Bring joy, color, and style into your life with this exceptional collection! Celebrated designer Bente Presterud took a deep dive into the comprehensive pattern archives of Rauma Garn, a respected Norwegian yarn company founded in 1927; she chose dozens of her best finds to form this curated compilation. Featuring fashionable, comfortable, visually striking garments and accessories of all shapes and sizes, this selection of the best of Rauma's decades-deep treasure trove is creative inspiration no knitter should be without.
- Jackets, sweaters, slippers, shawls, scarves, mittens, socks, and more, for women and men
- Patterns including textures, cabling, and traditional Norwegian designs—in fresh, fun color combinations
- Step-by-step instructions and full-color photographs, plus historical images reproduced from the archives of Rauma Garn
Since 2008, Bente Presterud has run her company Bente Presterud Design, located in Nannestad, Norway. She designs knitting and crochet patterns and is also a needlework consultant. Works as a craft and needlework journalist, but on a freelance basis. She is also one of the designers featured in Knit Like a Norwegian published May of 2021.
- Hardcover: 140 pages
- Publisher: Trafalgar Square Books (February 22, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1646011031
- ISBN-13: 9781646011032
- Dimensions: 8.0 x 0.75 x 11.5 inches