Traditionally used in Europe to make a bright yellow dye. Tall flower spikes with yellow flowers.
Originally from the Middle East, North Africa, and the Mediterranean area, it has spread throughout Europe.
- Scientific Plant Name: Reseda luteola
- Common Names: Weld, Yellow Weed, Dyer's Weed, Dyer's Rocket, or Woold
- Plant Type: Biennial
- Height @ Maturity: 2 - 5'
- Packet Weight: ~10g
- Best in full or partial sun.
- Soil containing loam or clay.
NOTE: Certain U.S. states do not permit the growing of some of these seeds, viewing them as "invasive." Please adhere to the regulations in your area.