Weaving Deflected Doubleweave DVD
Author: Madelyn Van der Hoogt
Deflected doubleweave may be the most versatile weave structure we have today, able to create striking and surprising geometric patterns, three-dimensional fabrics, and even multiple, completely independent but interlaced fabrics. It's easy to design and weave, yet the possibilities are truly endless and it's fun! In this video, Madelyn van der Hoogt teaches everything you need to know to create your own designer fabrics with deflected doubleweave.
Along with Madelyn's video workshop, you get a printable booklet on deflected doubleweave weaving, complete with planning exercises, reference materials, and projects you can learn from and use, plus two sets of digital drafts (WIF files) that you can use with weaving software as a starting point for your own designs.
- How deflected doubleweave works (and how it differs from regular doubleweave)
- How to design your own deflected doubleweave drafts and projects
- How to weave deflected doubleweave cloth for even patterns and good selvedges
- How to design and weave for differential shrinkage
- How to wet-finish deflected doubleweave cloth
- Ideas for playing with color and materials
Run Time: 79 minutes