West Yorkshire Spinners The Croft Shetland Tweed Yarn
Produced in conjunction with Jameison & Smith, this 100% Shetland Wool yarn is ideal for both weaving and knitting. Select from a variety of tweed color options.
A croft is a defined area of land used for agricultural purposes most commonly found in the Highlands of Scotland. Those who live on and work the land are referred to as crofters.
Additional information on crofting can be found at the Scottish Crofting Federation website.
Click here to see what we made with this yarn and how you can too!
- Material: 100% Shetland Island Wool
- Weaving Weight: Other
- Yarn Weight: 4 Medium / Worsted
- Knitting Needle:
- US: 7 - 9
- Metric: 4.5 - 5.5mm
- Knitting Gauge: 28 - 32 sts = 4" (10cm)
- Physical Weight: 100g (~3.5oz.) skein
- Approximate Yardage: 182 yds. (166m)
- Sett: 8
- Country of Origin: Great Britain
Shop The Croft Shetland Colours Yarn here.