West Yorkshire Spinners The Croft Shetland Colours Yarn
Produced in conjunction with Jameison & Smith, this 100% Shetland Wool yarn is ideal for both weaving and knitting. Select from a variety of solid color options.
Also available in several tweed colors.
A croft is a defined area of land used for agricultural purposes most commonly found in the Highlands of Scotland. Those who live on and work the land are referred to as crofters.
Additional information on crofting can be found at the Scottish Crofting Federation website.
Need project inspiration? The Big Checkered Plaid Scarf Project can be found here.
- Material: 100% Shetland Island Wool
- Weaving Weight: Other
- Yarn Weight: 4 Medium / Worsted
- Knitting Needle:
- US: 7 - 9
- Metric: 4.5 - 5.5mm
- Knitting Gauge: 28 - 32 sts = 4" (10cm)
- Physical Weight: 100g (~3.5oz.) skein
- Approximate Yardage: 182 yds. (166m)
- Sett: 8
- Country of Origin: Great Britain
Shop The Croft Shetland Tweed Yarn here.