Strauch Motorized Finest 400 Double Wide Drum Carder
Model 400 Finest double-wide Motorized. These high tech drum carders feature both variable speed AND reverse functions. The "infinitely variable speed" feature (not just two or three speed settings) is especially valuable if you work with fine fibers like alpaca, merino, cashmere, etc. The carders use very high quality, durable, electronically controlled motors that are made in the USA! Both motor and electronic controller were engineered by the manufacturer to be quiet, robust, dependable, self-diagnostic and trouble-free.
Advantages of a Motorized Carder:
- You save time. This is especially important if you are carding a lot of fibers for your own use or for others as a cottage industry;
- More control. Both hands are free so you can control how the fiber is being carded or blended;
- An enjoyable experience. If you have wrist, elbow and/or shoulder issues, you will find your carding experience painless and relaxing;
- Consistency. You will be able to card fibers at a consistent speed and make consistent batts.
- TPI: 128 (fine)
- Drum Ratio: 5:1
- Drum Width: 15.25"
- Drum Diameter: 7.0"
- Variable Speed / Reverse Function
- 110v or 230v
- Frame Dimensions: 24" long x 18.5" wide x 6" high
- Frame Construction: Solid Ash with Watco Danish Oil Finish
- The popular Knuckle-Saving-Batt-Pick, an invaluable tool for removing the batt without damage to the equipment or the user.
- A Doffer/Cleaner Brush to thoroughly and easily clean any residual fibers from the carding drum.
- A small cleaner/dabber brush for use on the licker in drum.
- Teasing Tool to open locks and tease fiber prior to carding.
- Table clamps to secure the carder to the work surface.