Ashford Drum Carder
This new, improved model has two ratios for even more flexibility and control when carding and blending:
- Use the 6:1 ratio to prepare your fleece. The controlled intake and carding will produce a smooth even batt ready for blending, spinning or felting.
- Use the 4:1 ratio to blend sliver, colors and different fiber types consistently into an open and airy batt.
The new carder retains the adjustable drum clearance - allows you to set the teeth distance for total control of your fiber . All nylon bearings ensure it is light and easy to turn. The card cloth has wire teeth with a special protective coating and a flexible rubber backing for long life. The carder is strong and robust with the body made from Silver Beech hardwood. The carder has rubber feet to prevent it slipping. Card 50g (2 oz) batt quickly and efficiently.
- Packer Brush
- Cleaning Brush
- 2 ratios for control
- Brush as standard
- Adjustable drums for all fibres
- Lacquered and assembled
- Clamps and awl included
- Quick and easily removalable handle
- 2 Clamps
- Weight: 11 lb (5kg)
- Batt Size: 22" x 9" (55cm x 22cm)
Superfine (120 tpi) - Very fine fiber like Alpaca
Fine (72 point) - Finer wools & exotic fibers