Strauch Mad Batt'r Motorized Drum Carder
This carder has deeper pins (1/2" long) and coarser carding cloth on the large drum to accommodate all the fun add-ins that make these art batts say "Spin me!"
Thick batts weighing more than 2 ounces can easily be made. The Brush Attachment makes it easier to control the type of art batt you are making.
Advantages of a Motorized Carder:
- You save time. This is especially important if you are carding a lot of fibers for your own use or for others as a cottage industry;
- More control. Both hands are free so you can control how the fiber is being carded or blended;
- An enjoyable experience. If you have wrist, elbow and/or shoulder issues, you will find your carding experience painless and relaxing;
- Consistency. You will be able to card fibers at a consistent speed and make consistent batts.
- TPI: 72 (coarse)
- Drum Ratio: 4:1
- Drum Width: 8.25"
- Drum Diameter: 7.0"
- Variable Speed / Reverse Function
- 110v or 230v
- Frame Dimensions: 24" long x 11.5" wide x 6" high
- Frame Construction: Solid Ash with Watco Danish Oil Finish
- The popular Knuckle-Saving-Batt-Pick, an invaluable tool for removing the batt without damage to the equipment or the user.
- A Doffer/Cleaner Brush to thoroughly and easily clean any residual fibers from the carding drum.
- A small cleaner/dabber brush for use on the licker in drum.
- Table clamps to secure the carder to the work surface.