This carder has deeper pins (1/2" long) and coarser carding cloth on the large drum to accommodate all the fun add-ins that make these art batts say "Spin me!"
Thick batts weighing more than 2 ounces can easily be made.
All Strauch Drum Carders come standard with a packer brush. The packer brush attachment is positioned over the top of the large drum just after the space where the two drums are the closest. It is placed in the most efficient location, where the fiber enters the carder.
The function of the brush is to:
- Keep fiber from flying away (as happens with angora)
- Push the fiber down into the teeth of the large drum (hence producing a fuller, loftier batt)
- Assist in the carding operation by firmly brushing the fiber after it has been initially carded by the counter rotating in feed and take up drums. It almost acts like a "third drum".
- TPI: 72 (coarse)
- Drum Ratio: 4:1
- Drum Width: 15.25"
- Drum Diameter: 7.0"
- Frame Dimensions: 24" long x 18.5" wide x 6" high
- Frame Construction: Solid Ash with Watco Danish Oil Finish
- The popular Knuckle-Saving-Batt-Pick, an invaluable tool for removing the batt without damage to the equipment or the user.
- A Doffer/Cleaner Brush to thoroughly and easily clean any residual fibers from the carding drum.
- A small cleaner/dabber brush for use on the licker in drum.
- Packer Brush Attachment
- Table clamps to secure the carder to the work surface.