Natural Bast Fibers are strong, cellulosic fibers obtained from the outer bark of plants. This collection offers a wide variety of bast fiber types.
- 250g Flax Top - One of the oldest fibers used in Western civilization as the common flax plant was one of the first domesticated crops.
- 250g Ramie Top - Native to China, India and Indonesia, it has been cultivated for more than five thousand years.
- 250g Giant Himalayan Stinging Nettle Top - One of the longest of the bast fibers, it is harvested from the wild mountain forests of Nepal.
- 250g Hemp Sliver - A strong durable bast fiber that is very similar to flax but finer.
- 250g Banana Top - Banana fiber blends easily with cotton and other natural fibers.
- 250g Pineapple Top - Cool to the touch, an ideal fiber for next to the skin fabrics.