The KidKnits Hat Kit is the craft kit that started it all for KidKnits. Now available with yarn from either Rwanda or Chile, these kits contain everything you need to make a soft, warm wool hat.
The project can typically be completed in less than three hours and is a project for age 8 and up.
The yarn included in this KidKnits craft kit is from our partner, True Vineyard Ministries, and is handspun in Rwanda. The wool is 100% merino sheep's wool, which is a very high quality, soft wool. This yarn is a single-ply yarn and is spun on a drop spindle. Please note that this yarn is hand dyed in small batches so some color variation does exist and is a natural result of this process. All dyes are derived from plants common to Rwanda.
Through purchasing yarn from partners in Rwanda and Chile, KidKnits is able to provide income to women who desperately need it, while supporting partners who provide these women the opportunity to have dignity through their work.
- Inturusu ("eucalyptus") - Dyed yellow with eucalyptus leaves.
- Umweru ("white") - Natural, undyed yarn.
- 9.5" round loom
- 70 yards of hand-spun wool
- Knitting Hook
- Plastic Needle
- Sustainable, eco-friendly cotton carrying bag for all your knitting supplies, hand-sewn in Rwanda
- Personalized gift tag
- KidKnits logo tag, made in Nairobi, Kenya from recycled aluminum cans.
- Complete Instructions
Instructions on creating a KidKnits Hat can be found here.