Needle Felting Teddy Bears for Beginners
Authors: Roz Dace & Judy Balchin
Needle-felting is an easy and fun technique, requiring little in the way of expensive materials or equipment and award-winning authors Judy Balchin and Roz Dace show how to make 20 wonderful little teddy bears using this tactile technique.
Each bear measures around 4-5 inches tall and can be made in a matter of hours from a bundle of wool fibers, a felting needle and some carefully chosen embellishments. Each bear has its own special character, and they make ideal gifts and keepsakes for friends and loved ones. There's a pretty ballet bear, a cool Christmas bear, as well as a vintage bear, rainbow bear and cute baby bears.
• Detailed guidance is provided on the materials and equipment you need
• How to sculpt a basic bear; make your bears' paws, feet and faces; and how to really bring your bear to life by carefully positioning the nose, eyes and ears.
• The techniques are easy to learn and soon you will be designing and making bears of your own to keep or give.
• Each project is accompanied by clear, step-by-step instructions and beautiful photographs
• Handy hints and tips throughout the book help the making process even easier.
From an early age Roz Dace has loved creative writing, drawing, painting and all crafts. Following time spent in Paris, where she learnt French at L’Alliance Francaise, she started her career in television and in the media before joining Search Press, where she enjoyed many years as Editorial Director commissioning practical art and craft books for international markets. Now retired, she continues to work with Search Press as a Consultant Editor. Roz lives near Maidstone, Kent.
Judy Balchin studied art at Cardiff College of Art. Following this, she specialized in graphic design at Kent Institute of Art and Design in Maidstone. After working as a graphics assistant at the BBC Television Centre, she joined Adverkit International Ltd as a lettering artist. This began her love affair with letters, producing book jackets, logos and television titles over many years. During this time, she also became involved in the craft world. She has appeared on television, worked as a craft demonstrator, designed craft kits and run workshops. She has produced more than twenty books on various crafts and is the author of many articles for craft magazines. Judy lives in Maidstone, Kent.
- Paperback: 96 pages
- Publisher: Search Press (February 22, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1912480514
- ISBN-13: 9781800920194
- Dimensions: 8.10 x 0.25 x 10.25 inches