One of our most popular portable wheels. Beautiful and compact, it combines the classic architecture of the other Kromski wheels with the functional needs of a wheel that folds. You get both. It is a full-size spinning wheel that packs away as a small package, making it perfect for traveling, guild and festival gatherings or simply storage when not in use.
Daniel Kromski had been contemplating a folding wheel for several years and began in 2006 to put turning knife to wood. The final result is a fusion of the needs of a modern folding wheel and the traditional look of Kromski wheels.
The Sonata is a folding wheel, but much more. Your Sonata also ships with a padded carry bag that the Kromskis have made in Poland. It is padded on all sides with extra heavy padding on base to support the folded wheel. Large outside pocket for spinning supplies with additional pockets inside.
- Unfinished Wood
- Wheel Diameter - 19" (50cm)
- Orifice Diameter - 3/8" (10mm)
- Standard Whorl Ratios: 6.7, 12.5 and 14:1
- Available Whorls: 5, 7.5, 10:1, 12, 16 and 18:1
- Unique Self-Lubricating Front Maiden Bearing
- Sealed Ball Bearings at Wheel Hub
- Durable Brass Treadle Bearings
- Hushed Plastic Bobbin Bearings
- Single Drive with Scotch Tension
- Double Treadle
- 2 Bobbin On-board Lazy Kate
- Weight: 11.5 lbs (5kg)
- 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- 3 Bobbins
- Spinning Wheel Oil
- Threading Hook
- Padded Custom Travel Bag
Receive a free Woolery Introductory Basic Spinning Kit with the purchase of this wheel.