With all the same quality Kromski craftsmanship of its larger counterparts, the Prelude offers a unique characteristic of compact portability to those who want a wheel reminiscent of the antique Saxony style but need the convenience of a small, transportable wheel for events like historical festivals and reenactments. With a diameter of 18", the Prelude is suited to perform in many different speeds/ratios.
The Prelude was the first single-drive-only wheel that the Kromski's produced and features Scotch Tension and a single treadle. The oblique bench links to a built-in lazy kate with a two bobbin capacity. Affordably priced and easy to assemble, the Prelude is a perfect beginners wheel but is occupied by components and attributes sufficient enough for a lifetime wheel.
- Built-In Lazy Kate (2 bobbin capacity)
- 3 bobbins (120g / 4.2 oz. capacity)
- Spinning Wheel Oil
- Threading Hook
- Beautiful European Alder and Birch wood
- Wheel Diameter: 18 inches (45cm)
- Orifice Circumference: 3/8 in. (10mm)
- Standard Whorl Ratios:
- Additional whorls 5.5, 7.9, 11, 14.5 & 16.5:1
- Leather bearings on front and rear maiden
- Durable brass sleeve bearings at wheel hub
- Hushed plastic bearings in bobbins
- Single Drive with Scotch Tension
- Single Treadle
- Total Wheel weight: 9 lbs. (4kg)
Receive a free Woolery Introductory Basic Spinning Kit with the purchase of this wheel.