Knitting Patterns For Dummies
Author: Kristi Porter
Knitting is fun, functional, and stress-relieving—get started today with Knitting Patterns For Dummies! Written for all skill levels and perfect for beginners, it includes patterns for socks, scarves, sweaters, and beyond. Add to your knitting repertoire and experiment with different textures, fun colors, and pattern shapes. You’ll love the full-color project photos in the color insert and helpful, easy-to-understand instructions for every single project. Even if you’ve never followed a written pattern before, you can knit cool stuff with the practical, modern patterns inside. This friendly guide will help you pick the right needles and yarn, step you through reading and knitting the patterns, and then finishing off your masterpieces.
- Select the supplies that are right for your projects
- Learn how to read a knitting pattern
- Practice working common stitches and creating different textures
- Make gifts for friends, clothing for yourself, and cold weather wear
Need more practice? Want fun new ideas? Just getting started? All knitters welcome!
Table of Contents
Part I: The Nuts and Bolts (or Sticks and String) of Knitting.
- Chapter 1: The Right Stuff: Knitting Supplies.
- Chapter 2: Gauge Your Success.
- Chapter 3: Do You Measure Up? Size Matters.
- Chapter 4: Break the Code: Reading Patterns.
Part II: A Primer on Stitches and Color.
- Chapter 5: The Simplest Stitches.
- Chapter 6: Stitches that Look Tricky but Aren't.
- Chapter 7: Colorful Stitches.
Part III: Patterns with Rectangles and Related Shapes.
- Chapter 8: Rectangles to Wear.
- Chapter 9: Rectangles for the Home.
- Chapter 10: Almost Rectangles.
Part IV: Patterns with Circles, Triangles, and More.
- Chapter 11: Knitting in Circles.
- Chapter 12: Shaping Triangles.
- Chapter 13: Putting Together Rectangles and Triangles.
- Chapter 14: Knitting Beyond Geometry Class.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
- Chapter 15: Ten Things You Can Knit with that Aren't Yarn or Needles.
- Chapter 16: Almost Ten Things You Can Do with Your Swatches.
- Chapter 17: Ten Ways to MacGyver Your Knitting.
- Chapter 18: Ten Smart Ways to Care for Your Knits.
Kristi Porter is a designer, technical editor, and teacher. She is the author of Knitting for Dogs, Knitting in the Sun, and More Knitting in the Sun, and her work has been featured in numerous other books.
- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 1st edition (February 7, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1394162073
- ISBN-13: 9781394162079
- Dimensions: 8.0 x 0.75 x 10.0 inches