In Celebration of Plain Weave: Color and Design Inspiration for Inkle Weavers
Author: Annie MacHale
Learn about color and design for weaving narrow warp-faced bands from one of the contemporary masters! This book is a feast for the eyes, containing many full-page color photos showing hundreds of bands woven by the author. Guaranteed to inspire! It also includes a catalog of 200 interactive patterns to use as is or to provide you the basis from which to design your own.
The book is divided into three parts:
- Part One is a discussion of color theory and band design including the author's best tips from years of experiments. Get ideas and resources for choosing color combinations.
- Part Two illustrates how to get the various elements of inkle patterns. Learn what makes chains, teeth, stripes, etc and how to balance these in your band design.
- Part Three is a catalog of 200 individual patterns plus tips for turning these into thousands upon thousands more.
- Color terminology and color theory basics
- Pattern design basics and advanced tips
- 105 color illustrations
- 200 interactive pattern charts - Open them using the online program "Inkle Loom Pattern Editor"
- Inspirational full-page photos