Harrisville Shetland Wool Yarn
Spun in a New Hampshire mill, these 100% virgin wool yarns are good for warp and weft in weaving and for knitting. Micron count of 25 - 30 for softness and loft. Great for lightweight blankets and Shetland style sweaters. Ideal for Fair Isle knitting and for overshot coverlets. Order Harrisville Shetland Wool Yarn in your choice of over 60 colors!
- Material: 100% Wool
- Weight: 2 Ply Sport Weight
- Physical Weight: 8.0 oz Cones
- Approximate Yardage: 900 yd/cone / 1800 yds/lb
- Sett: 10 - 12 epi
- Sett 10: Creates light and lofty fabrics after being fulled. Great for baby blanket weight fabrics and color blankets.
- Sett 12: A good overall sett for this yarn for weaving many types of fabrics. Good for general clothing weight fabrics. Creates a light yet firmly constructed fabric.
- Sett 15: Ideal for sturdy twill weight fabrics. Can be hard to achieve a true 50/50 plain weave without a very hard beat unless you use a finer weight weft yarn. Good for upholstery type fabric structures.