Needle Felting Dolls: A complete course in sculpting figures
Authors: Roz Dace & Judy Balchin
From the authors of Needle Felting for Beginners, BEST CRAFT BOOK in The Craft Business Awards 2021, join the Woolly Felters on another needle felting adventure.
Learn how to create realistic figures or more exaggerated caricatures as well as how to capture personality through your choice of features, hairstyle, embellishments and pose! Enjoy mastering such a captivating craft under the expert instruction of award-winning authors.
- Learn how to sculpt fairies, kawaii characters, the British Royal Family, and even yourself or your friends!
- There are 10 varied projects, each with needle felted clothing, hair, accessories and even props such as spectacles, a toy rabbit, and an armchair!
- Roz and Judy familiarize you with the basic doll, then teach you how to create an inner core, work with a partial or full armature, and use both wet felting and dry felting.
- They also give practical ideas for designing your own dolls and include an accessible 'help me' section for reference – they've thought of it all!
From an early age, Roz Dace has always loved creative writing, drawing, painting and all crafts. Following time spent in Paris, where she learned French at L'Alliance Francaise, she started her career in television and in the media before joining Search Press, where she enjoyed many years as Editorial Director commissioning practical art and craft books for international markets. She has formed a partnership with her sister, Judy Balchin - the Woolly Felters and they have written their first book together: How to Make Little Needle-Felted Teddy Bears.
Judy Balchin studied art at Cardiff College of Art. Following this, she specialized in graphic design at Kent Institute of Art and Design in Maidstone. After working as a graphics assistant at the BBC Television Centre, she joined Adverkit International Ltd as a lettering artist. This began her love affair with letters, producing book jackets, advertising logos and television titles over many years. She has appeared on television, worked as a craft demonstrator, designed craft kits and run workshops. She has produced more than twenty books on various crafts and is the author of many articles for craft magazines.
- Paperback: 176 pages
- Publisher: Search Press (February 7, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 180092013X
- ISBN-13: 9781800920132
- Dimensions: 8.6 x 0.5 x 11.0 inches