Louet S17 Spinning Wheel
Comes partially assembled, comparable to other Louet classic wheels, the final assembly is quick and easy. The bobbins are also assembled. The wood is sanded and the edges rounded. The wheel only requires a finishing with lacquer, stain or wax. Since the backpost on the new wheel is 32mm thick, the original S17 skeinwinder will not fit the new version, however, the Louet stand alone skeinwinder will solve that problem. A great wheel at a great price!
The first generation Louët spinning wheels, like the S10 and S17, all have a single belt bobbin drive with an adjustable flyer brake to regulate tension. This results in spinning wheels that make learning to spin easy and are also very suitable spinning thicker yarns.
The bobbins have a sheave with three settings that can be used to obtain three spinning speeds or ratios. By using different types of bobbins and flyers, Louet spinning wheels can be used to produce every kind of yarn, from coarse wool to fine silks. A High Speed Set is also available for this wheel for easier spinning of very fine yarns.
Finally, an excellent spinning wheel must turn freely and quietly. Accordingly, Louet uses maintenance-free ball bearings in the main hub and at the footman connection. (No lubrication is required).
The Louet S17 Spinning Wheel is made of laminated hardwood with a birch exterior surface.
- On Board Lazy Kate
- 3 - Standard Irish Tension Bobbins
- Main Wheel Diameter: 19.75" (50cm)
- Ratios: 1:5.5, 1:7.5, 1:10.5
- Orifice Diameter: 0.5" (13mm)
- Orifice Height: 27.625" (70cm)
- Weight: 11 lbs. (5 kg)
- Louet Standard Irish Tension Bobbin
- Louet Hi-Speed Set - Irish Tension
- Louet High Speed Fat Core Bobbin - Irish Tension
- Louet Bulky Irish Tension Flyer - Standard Hook
- Louet Stand Alone Skeinwinder
- Louet Stand Alone Lazy Kate Rack
Receive a free bag of wool top with the purchase of this wheel.