Knitting Loom Guide: 2020 Edition
Author: Kristen Mangus
The GoodKnit Kisses' Knitting Loom Stitch Guide is an essential resource book for loom knitters. This book is loaded with information about knitting looms. It's NOT a "how-to" book that teaches you to loom knit, but it's a tool to help you find the best loom for your project. You can quickly and easily find the loom you're looking for in the intuitive, organized charts.
1. Looms by Brand - Each loom maker has a dedicated list that includes all their looms both current and discontinued. If there is a specific brand you prefer you can check there first to see if they make a loom in the size you need. (Discontinued looms are specially marked so you know they are no longer available.)
2. Loom by Gauge - Loom gauge tells you how big your stitches will be. When you find a pattern but don't have the exact loom the designer used you can look for a loom of the same gauge and peg count. You might be surprised to find that you already have a loom of the correct gauge in your inventory. Both loom gauge and center to center peg measurements are listed in the charts for your convenience.
3. Adjustable Looms - These looms can increase or decrease the number of pegs used when loom knitting in the round. They are great for decreased hat crowns, making multiple sizes of socks and shaping stuffed animals. Adjustable looms are marked in all the charts, but they also have a dedicated section of the book to save you time.
4. Double Knitting Looms - If you love double knitting, this is a must. Now you can find all the looms that can be used to double knit in every gauge from Extra Fine to Jumbo.
5. Wood vs. Plastic and the pros and cons of both materials.
6. The Loom Gauge Equivalence Chart in the back of the book details the best yarn sizes (both US and UK/Aus sizes) for each loom gauge including the average stitches per inch knitting gauge for each size. Also listed are the equivalent knitting needles or crochet hooks for each gauge for those that like to convert patterns.
Charts include the Gauge, C2C (center to center peg measurement in inches), Brand, Loom Name/Type, Peg count, whether the loom is adjustable or used for double knitting, and the color of the loom (if plastic) or loom base material. Our goal was to give you as much information about each loom as possible.
- Paperback : 88 pages
- Publisher : Goodknit Kisses; 2nd 2020 ed. edition (December 31, 2020)
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 0997632984
- ISBN-13 : 978-0997632989
- Dimensions : 5.51 x 0.18 x 8.5 inches