Halcyon Yarn Rug Wool
It is rugged and stylish yarn perfect for rugs and tapestries. It is spun and dyed in American Mills and Dye Houses. It is available in over 90 colors, earth tone, primitive, heathery, and bright colors. Great for knitting, weaving, and rug hooking. Mothproofed for longevity
Yardage 260 yards per pound. 7 WPI. Comes in 4 oz. (65 yds.) skeins.
Halcyon Yarn is custom spun and dyed in the finest spinning mills and dye houses in America. The durable wool fiber is perfect for creating beautiful and stylish wool rugs and tapestries This Rug Wool yarn is available in nearly 100 colors, the broad color palette offers both solid colors and heathered colors .
This is a great yarn for rugs, tapestries, hooked, knitted or crocheted projects and is easy to hand-dye with Earthues Natural, acid or Country Classic dyes for more subtle coloration. It's great for knitted or crocheted rugs made loosely and then felted for an extra sturdy finish.
- 260 yds/lb
- Recommended Warps: 100% Worsted Wool Warp (Item #1100 or #1110) and 100% Linen Soft Finish Warp (Item #1120).
- Recommended Setts:
- Weft Faced Plain Weave - Use the 2, 3, or 4 ply warps doubled or tripled at 4 epi. Use the 5 ply single at 4 epi (5 epi with beater weights).
- Twill - Use the 2, 3, or 4 ply warps doubled at 5 - 6 epi. Use the 5 ply linen doubled at 4 epi or single at 5 epi.
- Suggested Weft Amounts:
- Plain Weave: Allow 1 - 1.5 skeins per square foot.
- Twill & Boundweave: Allow 1.5 - 2 skeins per square foot.
These weft allowances are adequate for a tight, weft faced weave.
Knitters & Crocheters:
- Knit at 2.5 st = 1" on size 11 - 13 knitting needles. Crocheters, allow up to 2 skeins per square foot using 1 - 3 strands together and a size O or P Crochet hook.
Rug Punchers & Rug Hookers:
- Allow approximately 2 skeins per square foot.
Click, Halcyon Color Cards, see color cards on a separate page.