Welcome to The Woolery!
We want to make your experience with fiber arts enjoyable and successful. The Woolery has been in business serving the needs of weavers, knitters, spinners and other fiber artists since 1981. With our extensive inventory of products and our fast turnaround time, we strive to provide you with high quality, competitively priced fiber arts supplies accompanied by excellent customer service.
We are family owned and operated and our shop is located in Frankfort, KY. We are very excited to be located in an area that is very accessible to the public.
The shop is staffed daily by experienced Weavers, Spinners, Knitters, Rug Hookers and more!
We offer classes and private instruction in our shop as well as help on the phone. We can provide guidance and help with your fiber arts projects and help with equipment selection, repair and maintenance.
Our mission is to provide fiber arts supplies at competitive prices with fast turn around times and excellent customer service. We strive to be a part of the fiber arts community and it is part of our mission to strongly support guilds, festivals and other fiber arts people that work so hard to keep the crafts alive and improve them for future generations.
We are very grateful to be involved in something that we all know and love. We take much care in selecting and recommending products and fiber to our customers.
Can I combine multiple orders into one?
Unfortunately, we are unable to combine multiple orders into a single shipment.
What if I Need a Special Order?
Some items we sell require special ordering. It may be a product that is made-to-order or perhaps something that a manufacturer has to make to fulfill your order or an item that we just do not stock.
In such cases we may require full payment at the time of your order.
Special order items are subject to a cancellation fee if you cancel the order within 72 hours after placing it. This charge is fixed at $50 regardless of the total amount of the order you placed or the reason for the cancellation. We will refund your credit card, minus this amount. Cancellations placed after 72 hours will be evaluated on a case by case basis with manufacturers stipulations being taken into consideration.
Special orders may not be returned. Special orders that have been "started" by a manufacturer or shipped from the manufacturer may not be canceled or may be subject to a cancellation fee, depending on the circumstances.
How Do You Handle Out-of-Stock Items?
The Woolery keeps a significant inventory. However, there will be instances where an item will not be in stock or available when you order. In addition, some items are shipped directly from the manufacturer. When this happens we can accommodate you in several ways:
- if ordering online, you will be notified via email of the estimated ship date of any out of stock or drop shipped item.
- if you order by phone, we should be able to tell you right away if an item is in stock.
There will be an additional charge for partial shipped orders. Under all but special circumstances, we will charge your card when the order is placed. Free shipping is not applicable for backordered items if the back-order(s) is less than $150.
Can you let me know when something is Back In Stock?
Yes, we have an email notification service available for certain items! If you see a green Notify Me button underneath an item's price it means that item is Out-of-Stock but we can send you an email when we restock. All you need to do is enter your email address in the box above the Notify Me button, click the button, and you are all set! When the product is back in stock emails will be sent out in order of the sign up list. In the event that more people are signed up than the amount of stock we received, the first batch of people will be emailed, then 6 hours later if there is still stock left another batch will be emailed and so on. This means that items are not guaranteed to be in stock just because you received an In Stock Email Notification, it's a first come first served basis.
How do I add items to my wish list?
We recommend that you add items to your wish list from the product page because you can not add all product types from the shopping cart page.
What is Shipping on Assembled Looms or Trucked Looms?
Some loom manufacturers ship their larger floor looms assembled or the size requires truck shipping.
Most assembled looms, as well some other looms that have large pieces, must ship with a freight company. You may not be accustomed to receiving orders in this manner, so here is some information that you should know and consider:
- depending on your location, delivery (from time of shipping from the manufacturer) may take 2-12 weeks.
- in addition to your delivery information, your phone number will be part of the bill of lading with instructions that you should be contacted before delivery is attempted.
- because most deliveries for looms are residential, the trucking company will want to arrange an appointment with you to assure you are available. Be aware that trucking companies and/or unions may dictate what happens when the truck arrives. At the least, you should be prepared to assist in getting the loom and other items off the truck (this may mean having extra hands available). To be sure that you are satisfied, ask the trucking company what their rules are or if there are additional fees before they arrive. In most instances, your delivery will proceed satisfactorily, but asking questions about what will happen will eliminate last minute problems. From tailgate to the final location in your house, you must work this out with the trucking company, the driver and any additional help you may need. Having a cup of coffee ready for the driver might be a good idea. If any extra services beyond delivery to your address result in a charge back to the shipper and then to The Woolery, we will charge you for that amount. You can avoid these charges by asking questions first or paying for extra charges directly to the delivery company.
- free shipping of trucked looms means The Woolery will pay for basic shipping to your address; additional fees, if any, will be the responsibility of the customer
- be sure to examine the shipment for damage and report any to the driver; hidden damage that is only discovered after the loom is uncrated can still be reported to the trucking company so hold on to your shipping documents. Also contact The Woolery immediately; we can help.
- these deliveries normally go very smoothly but asking questions prior to delivery and being prepared to work with the trucking company will result in a happy weaver.
- if your address/location makes it difficult or impossible to deliver by truck, tell us when you place the Order. It is possible that you may need to pay a surcharge if other arrangements can not be made.
If you have questions, please ask.
What Should I Do if I Have Problems with My Order?
Information on a problem with your order can be found here.