Colour Crochet Unlocked: The ultimate how-to guide
Authors: Dawn Curran & Jane Howorth
Start your color crochet revolution with this, the definitive guide to color crochet pattern work and largest single source of color stitch patterns available anywhere.
This indispensable book is your go-to guide to color crochet. It’s packed with invaluable information, including
- a comprehensive guide to choosing and using color
- a collection of 40 vibrant color stitch patterns, a guide to Intarsia, Mosaic, Fair Isle and tapestry crochet,
- the authors' own innovative 'intuitive' charting method, shared here for the first time
- 15 swatch samples showing examples of stitch patterns using Ombré, weaving and 3-D techniques, post and spike stitches, cluster and fan stitches
- 4 samples showing intarsia, tapestry, fair isle and mosaic techniques
- PLUS 10 wonderful crochet projects including a bag, hat, blankets, mittens and baskets, which will give readers the opportunity to practice their newly acquired skills.
Let expert knitting and crochet designers Jane Howorth and Dawn Curran take you step by step through the stitch patterns and techniques using photographs, charts and accessible text, with helpful hints and tips throughout.
Jane Howorth has been designing in knit and crochet since 2012 and her designs are extensively published in the UK and US. Her work has appeared in many magazines including Interweave Knitting, Knit.Wear, Inside Crochet, Crochet Now, etc. In particular, her ideas have been enthusiastically commissioned by Interweave Crochet magazine, and she has one or two designs featured in almost every issue since 2017. Jane’s latest designs are for Knitpicks’ new venture, WeCrochet, and a new ezine from Interweave; The Crochetist. She focuses on creating garments and accessories with a strong sense of style and a contemporary feel, and has around 90 third-party published designs, which can be seen on Ravelry. With a background as a Senior Lecturer in a university business school, she understands how to convey knowledge and understanding clearly. Jane also holds City and Guilds advanced certificates in Fashion Design. She uses this knowledge in her design work and in writing technical articles for a number of magazines, including Pompom and Interweave’s Knit.Wear magazine. She has taught numerous knit and crochet classes at local yarn shops.
A university graduate, Dawn Curran went on to pursue a demanding career in nursing before raising her family. Her journey into crochet design began when she worked for LoveCrafts as part of their customer service team. Here Dawn developed an understanding of the crochet market and saw an opportunity to develop her own designs. Her ideas often feature color work, and she has carved out a niche for herself using intarsia crochet to create motifs. She designs crochet homewares, garments and accessories. Dawn sells her patterns on various platforms including Etsy. She has designed for Inside Crochet, Mollie Makes, LoveCrafts and Knit Picks’ new crochet venture, WeCrochet. Dawn loves to interact with the crochet community on Instagram where she has had a number of viral posts and an engaged following of more than 8500.
- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Search Press (February 21, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1782219773
- ISBN-13: 9781782219774
- Dimensions: 7.45 x 0.45 x 9.7 inches