Announcing our very first Woolery Weave-off!
Jan 3rd 2018
The Woolery is excited to announce our very first Woolery Weave-Off!
We're having a Weave-Off to celebrate how well our Bluegrass Mills 6/2 Cotton Yarn has been received. Weave a dish towel with Bluegrass Mills to compete for prizes in four separate categories. Here’s the thing though, you don’t get your towel back, because we’re donating them all to the local women’s shelter (Simon House, here in Frankfort Kentucky), because women in crisis need the special energy that handwoven textiles provide, too!
Grand Prize Winners in each category will get Spectrum Packs of our BGM 6/2 — that’s 20, one-pound cones of yarn in a whole array of colors!
Second and Third Place Winners in each category will get $50 Woolery gift cards.
Now through January 31st all Bluegrass Mills Yarn* is
You need to use our Bluegrass Mills 6/2 Cotton Yarn to weave your entry, so we're offering 25% off the price of this yarn from January 3rd - January 31st!
*Please note offer excludes already discounted clearance colors.
Here’s the fine print - we ask that you read completely before deciding to enter:
The four divisions will be:
1) Beginners; those who have been weaving less than one year. Please use the honor system when determining your beginner status!
2) Rigid heddle weavers (remember, 6/2 is great in plain weave at 15 or 16 EPI; you can do that on a rigid heddle loom!)
3) Color: here’s the chance to be outrageous; remember, you’ll never need to wear it. Be bold and inventive, and knock our socks off!
4) Pattern: stretch yourself. Do you have 4 extra shafts on your loom that have just been looking at you funny? Use them, be brave and inventive; learn something and get out of your comfort zone!
Entries must be mailed to:
859 East Main Street, Suite 1A
Frankfort, KY 40601
- The minimum size for each towel is 15” x 24”, washed and hemmed.
- One entry per person - entries must also contain the name, phone number, email address, and address of the entrant.
- Contest entries MUST be postmarked by April 1st, 2018, to be considered. Entries postmarked after that time will not be entered in the contest, and will not be returned.
- Entrants acknowledge they will not get their submissions back. In the event that we receive too many towels to donate to one place, sister residential shelters/organizations in nearby Lexington and Louisville will receive the ‘spillover’ .
- Winner agrees to have her/his towel and name used in photos and on social media platforms.
- You MUST use Bluegrass Mills cotton to weave your towel - All non-clearance colors will be 25% off through the end of January!
- Odds of winning change with number of entries received.
- Winners will be notified on or around April 15, 2018. Winner has 14 days to claim her/his prize.
- Lists of winners and runners-up in each category will be available by request in writing after May 15th, 2018.
- Contest is open to entrants aged 18 years and over.
- Woolery employees and immediate family members are welcome to participate, but they are not eligible to win.
- Woolery suppliers are welcome to participate, but they are not eligible to win.
- Entrant assumes the cost of shipping the towel.
- Winner of prize assumes responsibility for all and any taxes/tariffs/duty fees incurred.
- No ghost weavers! Towels must be woven by the person entering the contest.
Please direct any questions about the Woolery Weave-Off to firstname.lastname@example.org