Schacht Floor Looms
Made in Colorado by the Schacht Spindle Company, these looms have been developed for both performance and appearance. They are carefully crafted from hardwoods known for their strength and durability and are shipped to you fully finished and assembled (except for Wolf Pup and Cranbrook). Our Schacht floor looms for sale now all come with a stainless steel reed and stainless steel heddle bars.
We have a page on selecting a loom.
Items Needed to use a Weaving Loom
- 2 or more boat or other shuttles
- 12 or more bobbins for boat shuttles
- Reed Hook and Heddle Hook
- Warping Board or Warping Mill and Raddle (or sectional warp beam, tension box with counter and bobbin rack)
- book ("Learning to Weave” or "Weaving for Beginners") and DVDs ( "Introduction to Weaving” and "Beginning 4-harness Weaving” )
Optional Weaving Accessories
- Bobbin Winder
- A variety of Shuttles
- Extra Reeds
- Swift and Ballwinder if your yarn comes in skeins
- Fringe Twister
- Yarn Balance
- Ott light
- Extra Harnesses
If you don't find exactly what you want, or would like a loom recommendation, please call the shop directly at 800-441-9665 or contact us for assistance.