Strauch's "Finest" is the most popular of the line. The wood frame is 2" higher than the other Strauch models. This permits a larger sprocket on the small drum giving a 5:1 ratio (compared to 4:1 ratio for other models) between the 2 drums. This enables more speed and carding action per revolution. With the brush attachment this cloth can be used successfully with kid mohair, alpaca and angora.
The function of the brush is to:
- Keep fiber from flying away (as happens with angora)
- Push the fiber down into the teeth of the large drum (hence producing a fuller, loftier batt)
- Assist in the carding operation by firmly brushing the fiber after it has been initially carded by the counter rotating in feed and take up drums. It almost acts like a "third drum".
It is also available as a motorized model.
- TPI: 128 (fine)
- Drum Ratio: 5:1
- Drum Width: 8.25"
- Drum Diameter: 7.0"
- Frame Dimensions: 24" long x 11.5" wide x 6" high
- Frame Construction: Solid Ash with Watco Danish Oil Finish
- The popular Knuckle-Saving-Batt-Pick, an invaluable tool for removing the batt without damage to the equipment or the user.
- A Doffer/Cleaner Brush to thoroughly and easily clean any residual fibers from the carding drum.
- A small cleaner/dabber brush for use on the licker in drum.
- Teasing Tool to open locks and tease fiber prior to carding.
- Packer Brush Attachment
- Table clamps to secure the carder to the work surface.