Strauch's "Finest" is the most popular of the line. The wood frame is 2" higher than the other Strauch models. This permits a larger sprocket on the small drum giving a 5:1 ratio (compared to 4:1 ratio for other models) between the 2 drums. This enables more speed and carding action per revolution. With the brush attachment this cloth can be used successfully with kid mohair, alpaca and angora.
It is also available as a motorized model.
- TPI: 128 (fine)
- Drum Ratio: 5:1
- Drum Width: 8.25"
- Drum Diameter: 7.0"
- Frame Dimensions: 24" long x 11.5" wide x 6" high
- Frame Construction: Solid Ash with Watco Danish Oil Finish
- The popular Knuckle-Saving-Batt-Pick, an invaluable tool for removing the batt without damage to the equipment or the user.
- A Doffer/Cleaner Brush to thoroughly and easily clean any residual fibers from the carding drum.
- A small cleaner/dabber brush for use on the licker in drum.
- Teasing Tool to open locks and tease fiber prior to carding.
- Table clamps to secure the carder to the work surface.