The Strauch chain drive drum carder is made from solid ash with a Watco Danish oil finish. The three working tools (Batt picker, doffer brush, dabber brush) are included with each carder. Select 72, 98 or 128 tpi.
The function of the brush is to:
- Keep fiber from flying away (as happens with angora)
- Push the fiber down into the teeth of the large drum (hence producing a fuller, loftier batt)
- Assist in the carding operation by firmly brushing the fiber after it has been initially carded by the counter rotating in feed and take up drums. It almost acts like a "third drum".
- Frame - 24" long, 11 1/2" wide, 4" high
- Large Drum - 7" in diameter x 8 1/4" wide
- Small Drum - 2" in diameter x 8" wide
- Batt Produced - Approximately 8" wide x 22" long
- Batt Picker
- Doffer Brush
- Dabber Brush
- Packer Brush Attachment