Small Loom Weaving: Easy Projects for Beginners
Illustrated lessons introduce you to the fundamentals of the loom, materials, tools, color changes, introducing texture, finishing, and more. This useful guide also shows you how to make chic, boho items ranging from coasters and placemats to scarves and small wall hangings.
In this book, textile designer and expert weaver Ichi.co proves that creating beautiful textures and patterns on a loom is easier than you may think, and weaving your own pieces is an immensely rewarding experience.
This book shows you how to make 23 projects, including:
- Easy coasters in a variety of colors, textures, and patterns, including variegated stripes
- Planter covers that dress up any basic pot
- Attractive little purses for your phone, money, or business cards
- Lovely fringed scarves--both monochrome and patterned
- Small wall hangings and multi-purpose mats in motifs from whimsical to classic
The simple projects in this book help you master the essentials while creating something useful and beautiful, and the diagrams show you how easy it can be to plan designs of your own.
Ichi.co is an embroidery designer and writer on textile arts. She added weaving to her repertoire in 2014 and has never looked back. She exhibits and sells her handwoven works in her native Japan, where she also teaches workshops on large and small loom weaving, particularly in Kilim weaving. www.ichico.work
- Hardcover: 96 pages
- Publisher: Tuttle Publishing (March 29, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0804854653
- ISBN-13: 9780804854658
- Dimensions: 7.75 x 0.65 x 10.25 inches