Plain Weave: 60 Patterns for Mastering the Basic Technique
Author: Tina Ignell
Renowned weaving expert Tina Ignell (Favorite Scandinavian Projects to Weave, Favorite Rag Rugs, Simple Weaves) turns her attention to the deceptively simple and endlessly adaptable category of plain weaves, in this exhaustive overview of techniques, sample projects, and inspirational possibilities. Combine a wide variety of materials, setts, beats, and other effects with just two shafts—though sometimes four is preferred for the sake of space—and you'll be astounded by the technical complexity, visual and textural effects, and stunning pattern styles you can achieve.
- Project photographs as close to "actual size" as possible, to allow a true-to-life look at pattern structure and threading
- Descriptions, instructions, and tips for dyeing, finishing, specialty techniques—everything necessary to master plain weave from start to finish
- Variations including open rep with weft showing, using a fan reed, weaving in pleats and other textures, ikat and other patterned dyeing techniques, knotted paper yarn, and more
Tina Ignell is the head editor of Vavmagasinet, a Scandinavian weaving magazine. She is the author of Simple Weaves, Favorite Rag Rugs, and Favorite Scandinavian Projects to Weave, published by Trafalgar Square Books. Tina currently resides in Linköpin, Sweden.
- Hardcover: 196 pages
- Publisher: Trafalgar Square Books (July 5, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1646011368
- ISBN-13: 9781646011360
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.85 x 8.5 inches