Marigold is cultivated all over the world for its decorative flowers and coloring. Marigold dye has a moderate light and washfastness. Shop our Marigold for sale today!
- Typically used at 20-30% powder to WOF.
- Adding iron (2% WOF) will generate a warm, olive green shade.
- Adding madder will create striking red-orange colors.
- Protein fibers: use alum at 15% WOF.
- Cellulose fibers, use tannin at 8% WOF and then either alum (15% WOF) or aluminum acetate (8% WOF)
- Function: Dye
- Form: Powder
- Application: Cellulose, Silk, Wool
- Color: Yellow - Orange - Greens
- Typical Use Rate: 20-30% Weight of Fiber
- Source: Calendula officinalis
- Package Size: 4 oz.