Louet Delta Floor Loom
Delta 110 (43 3/8") Weaving Width
The Delta is a modern parallel countermarche loom based on the Hollandia (which it replaces) and the very successful Spring. The Delta is easily recognizable as the head of the Louet line of floor looms. It is comfortable, robust and technologically advanced, but above all a weaver's loom. Warp tension can be adjusted by fine increments to insure the tension is just the way you want it. The floating breast beam insures tension is returned to exactly the same tension as you had before you advanced the cloth.
Tie ups are easy. Every treadle is tied to every harness which means you only have to depress one treadle at a time. All treadles work the same way across the full width of the loom because of the parallel system. The Delta's treadles are hinged from the back allowing for a very light weight treadling action. Also, all lams are horizontal which makes changing tie-ups quick and easy. For individual comfort, blocks are available to adjust treadle height.
Harnesses are adjustable to allow you to create slack in the heddles for easier threading and to tighten them for weaving. The brake on the Delta is a friction brake system on the warp beam, which is sturdy and easy to operate. A convenient advancing system is provided on the cloth beam. The Delta is made of plantation grown ash and is finished with a double coat of clear semi-gloss lacquer. The Delta 110 has a weaving width of 110cm (43 3/8”) and comes equipped with a built-in raddle and shelf, stainless steel reed 40-10 (metric), 1200 (Delta 110) or 1400 (Delta 130) Texsolv heddles (330mm), tie-up and lease sticks and 16 warp sticks.
- Modern parallel countermarche loom
- Floating breast beam
- Large 4 inch shed obtained even with difficult yarns like linen
- All harnesses are positively activated by the treadle
- Standard 8 or 12 shafts
- A cloth guard is built into the breast beam
- Rear hinged treadles allow for very light operation
Delta 130 (51 1/4") Weaving Width
The Delta 130 is the same design as the Delta 110 except for its larger weaving width of 130cm (51 ¼”).
- Matching adjustable bench – height 59 - 72cm (23 ¼ - 28 3/8”)
- Second warp beam, including backbeam
- Sectional warp beam with sections of 2 and 4cm (1” sections in North America)
- Extension set of 4 harnesses and 4 treadles
- Pair of treadles
- Flying Dutchman Shuttle
- Fly Shuttle Device
- Treadle height adjusting blocks
- Delta 110: 140 x 100 x 128cm (55 x 39 3/8 x 50 3/8”)
- Delta 130: 160 x 100 x 128cm (63 x 39 3/8 x 50 3/8”)
- Delta 110: 88 kg (194 lb)
- Delta 130: 93 kg (205 lb)
- Add 8 kg (17 lb) for an extension
The Delta is delivered partially pre-assembled.
Note: Items with a shipping length of 48” and longer are subject to a surcharge, regardless of the shipping method selected. (Fee is imposed by the shipping carriers.)