Knitting the National Parks: 63 Easy-to-Follow Designs for Beautiful Beanies
Author: Nancy Bates
From the brightly colored pebbles of Lake McDonald in Montana’s Glacier National Park to the regal granite cliffs of El Capitan and Half Dome in California’s Yosemite Valley, the US National Parks contain some of the most recognizable and iconic natural landmarks in the world. Capture the majesty each national park offers with original beanie patterns created by knitting designer and outdoor enthusiast Nancy Bates.
Beanies range from simple beanie constructions to more challenging stitch patterns such as the two-color crossovers inspired by South Dakota’s Badlands or the multiple cable designs inspired by New Mexico’s Carlsbad Caverns. Clear charts, easy-to-read keys, and thorough instructions help any knitter, whether beginner or experienced, through these gratifying projects. Show your love and appreciation of our national parks with these beautiful and practical beanie projects you can wear any time or any place.
- Every US National Park is celebrated with a unique beanie design, including the newly designated park New River Gorge in West Virginia.
- Each pattern is accompanied by photos of the finished beanie and gorgeous images of the park’s landscapes that inspired it.
- Each of the 63 beanies knitting patterns have been tested and verified and offer clear charts so that knitters of every skill level can knit a beanie in no time.
Nancy Bates is the founder and entrepreneur of Nancy Bates Designs—National Park Inspired. She has been knitting and crocheting for 45 years and is passionate about making knitting fun and attainable. Her designs bring oodles of color and texture to the small canvas of a beanie where every stitch counts and every design is a chance to learn something new. Find her at nancybatesdesigns.com where she also sells knitting kits for her beanie designs.
- Hardcover: 272 pages
- Publisher: Weldon Owen (August 30, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1681888432
- ISBN-13: 9781681888439
- Dimensions: 8.0 x 0.75 x 10.0 inches