French Knitting: 40 Fast and Fun I-Cord Creations with a Mini Knitting Mill
Author: Karin Thiboult-Demessence
Create unique i-cord words and shapes with this modern guide to French knitting with a mechanical knitting mill. This fun book gives you 40 fabulous i-cord projects – from gifts to clothing, accessories to home decor and more. No knitting mill? No problem! All the projects can be knitted in the traditional method too.
French knitting, also sometimes called spool knitting or i-cord knitting, has been around for centuries. The technique traditionally involves knitting with a handheld 'dolly' or spool with four pins around the edge, to produce a narrow tube of knitting known as an i-cord. The technique involves wrapping the yarn around the pins and then lifting loops over to create the stitches. It's a simple craft that children can do but is a little slow to create the fabric, and many kids lose interest before a decent length of i-cord is produced.
- Create cute wired shapes, from flowers and hearts to names and words.
- Sew i-cords without wires onto clothing and bags for a unique, personalized look.
- Make gorgeous décor for kids' bedrooms with wall hangings and dreamcatchers.
- Give handmade gifts in the form of i-cord jewellery and hair accessories.
- Have fun with pompoms, charms, beads, feathers and sequins to add some bling!
Karine Thiboult-Demessence is a journalist, designer, photo stylist, author and blogs under the name Mademoiselle Tika. She lives in France.
- Publisher : David & Charles (August 10, 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 80 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1446308979
- ISBN-13 : 9781446308974
- Product Dimensions: 8.3 x 0.3 x 10.9 inches