Expand your wool knowledge with an informative book and a wide variety (3.5 lbs. total) of wool top to spin.
- Swaledale (Blackfaced Mountain Family) wool is predominantly used in carpet yarns and rug yarns due to its excellent resilience and hardwearing properties.
- Southdown (Down Family / Conservation Breed) is a very versatile, medium handling wool ideal for hand-spinning that dyes very well.
- Wensleydale (English Longwool Family / Conservation Breed) is the finest of the long wool breeds. It has a long staple length, lots of luster and silkiness.
- Shetland (Northern European Short-Tailed Family / Conservation Breed) is smooth and easy to spin and is the wool of Fair Isle Sweaters.
- Jacob (Conservation Breed) is the classic hand spinners wool. Unlike most other medium wool breeds, quality of the fleece has been a major selection factor in the recent history of the breed.
- Texel is suitable for fine carpet yarns, socks and knitwear. Perfect for hand spinning, hand felting and many other craft uses.