Handmade by Anna Anderson, these beautiful fancy stone or lampwork glass top whorl spindles will help you create unique one of a kind yarn. Anna uses the proceeds to fund her Wooly Rescue, and organization that helps fiber animals and horses suffering from neglect.
- Heavy enough to spin a medium to very fine yarn
- Each is tested for smooth balanced spinning
- The spindles weigh between 1 ounce up to 1.25 ozs.
- The stone whorl is 1.75"- 2" in diameter
- The shaft is made from turned wood that has been stained and sealed( dark shaft) or Bamboo that has been stained and sealed ( light wood).
Please note that the photos are examples of the color schemes available, your actually spindle may vary slightly in color and pattern.
Am newish to spinning. Have purchased or made different spindles (even used 5 chopsticks rubber banded together for a version of a Turkish style) . After working on consistency now I am working on a thinner and thinner spun strand. It finally dawned on me after my other spindles were too heavy after I kept breaking my strands dropping my spindles with a clatter on the wood floor. (My hubby was rudely awakened many nights), that i needed something different). This spindle is perfect for me. Smaller, and lighter weight. I've been using it already madly in love with it. Thank you. D of Sacramento CA.