Weaving with Novelty Yarn DVD
Author: Tom Knisely
Master weaver Tom Knisely teaches that weaving with novelty yarns can open a whole new world of design possibilities for woven fabric.
In this video, master weaver, myth buster, and yarn explorer Tom Knisely shows that weaving yarn doesn’t have to come on a cone, and that weaving with novelty yarns opens a whole new world of design possibilities for woven fabric.
- How to tell which yarns are right for warp
- How to pair novelty yarns with other yarns to enhance durability
- Tricks for designing, warping, and weaving with delicate or textured yarns
- How to repair a broken thread quickly and cleanly
- How to finish novelty fabrics
- The best hemstitching trick you’ve ever seen!
Tom has spent his teaching and weaving career in a yarn shop, experimenting with every kind of yarn there is, and now you can reap the riches of his vast experience, his weaving wisdom, and his ever-present sense of fun. With Tom at your side, every delicious yarn in your stash or your local yarn shop will become fertile ground for your weaving imagination.
Run Time: 1139 minutes