Harrisville Designs Floor Looms
Located in a small village nestled in the Monadnock Highlands of southwestern New Hampshire, Harrisville Designs has been producing looms for more than 40 years. Harrisville looms are a great value and come fully assembled or as unfinished kits (with sandpaper and oil included). All looms come with a stainless steel reed of your choice ( 8, 10, or 12 dent) and large eye wire heddles. Shuttles are extra. Sectional warp beams, which allow the warp to be easily and quickly beamed by one person, are available for all looms. Tool trays, raddles and tensioning devices are optional.
We have a page on selecting a loom.
Items Needed to use a Weaving Loom
- 2 or more boat or other shuttles
- 12 or more bobbins for boat shuttles
- Reed Hook and Heddle Hook
- Warping Board or Warping Mill and Raddle (or sectional warp beam, tension box with counter and bobbin rack)
- book ("Learning to Weave” or "Weaving for Beginners") and DVDs ( "Introduction to Weaving” and "Beginning 4-harness Weaving” )
Optional Weaving Accessories
- Bobbin Winder
- A variety of Shuttles
- Extra Reeds
- Swift and Ballwinder if your yarn comes in skeins
- Fringe Twister
- Yarn Balance
- Ott light
- Extra Harnesses
If you don't find exactly what you want, or would like a loom recommendation, please call the shop directly at 800-441-9665 or contact us for assistance.