The Loom Owner's Companion DVD
Tom Knisely has maintained and woven with hundreds of looms in more than three decades of teaching at The Mannings Handweaving School in rural Pennsylvania. In this video, filmed on location, Tom explains how to get the most from your loom:
- The features, advantages, and quirks of numerous types of jack, countermarch, counterbalance, and table looms
- How to read all kinds of drafts and tie-ups correctly for your loom
- The tools that every weaver should have
- Easy steps to keep your loom and other weaving tools in top working order
- Dozens of tips for trouble-free weaving
From the beams to the bench, from tie-on to tie-up and sheds to shuttles, Tom shows how to prepare yourself and your loom for a satisfying, successful weaving experience.
Product Review By: Taevia Magee
This DVD is an invaluable resource for anyone that has a multi harness loom or is considering getting one. Tom Knisley spends the first part of this video going over the different types of looms, and even discusses the differences between some of the more popular brands of looms that are of the same type of loom. He discusses how the weaving experience differs between looms including good ideas on how to get the most out of your loom. The trouble shooting section is very helpful for diagnosing problems with your loom. Within the first 20 minutes of the video I learned several things about the countermarch loom IÛªve recently started working with that will make my weaving much easier!
Watch this Preview