Sweet Pea Crochet: 20 Beautiful Baby Blankets & Matching Gifts
Author: Sue Rawlinson
A new baby is guaranteed to get parents and grandparents reaching for their crochet hooks. Even those who may not have crocheted anything for years are suddenly inspired to create numerous handmade items for their new child or grandchild.
Sue Rawlinson of Sweet Pea Crochet has designed 6 beautiful, coordinated bundles for every occasion, from bringing the baby home to that all-important first outing.
- Each bundle includes a baby blanket plus 2 or 3 other gifts such as a soft bunny to cuddle, a pretty garland to hang, snuggly mittens, a baby bear comforter and matching cushions.
- With 20 projects in total, you are spoilt for choice, and each gift set is worked in coordinated colorways and styles.
- Along with illustrated crochet techniques, there are also suggestions for gifting and finishing touches such as crocheted ties to keep your blanket folded when you give it as a gift. The blanket ties can be embellished with mini pompoms, crochet hearts or crochet flowers.
- Many of the smaller projects such as cozy beanie hats can be finished in an evening, so they are satisfying to make and even more satisfying to give away.
With pastel shades, simple designs and soft textures, parents, grandparents and friends will be reaching for their crochet hooks to make gorgeous handmade items for their bundle of joy.
Sue Rawlinson is a crochet designer, well known in her field. She started her creative journey over 10 years ago after leaving work as an Associate Director in the National Health Services in the UK. Sue set up her own business, teaching one-to-one lessons and running crochet workshops. She also ran a weekly crochet club which was bursting at the seams - she couldn’t fit any more members around her dining room table!
Over the last few years she has concentrated more on designing and pattern writing. She’s worked with numerous magazines and yarn suppliers. She is an ambassador and designer for Love Crochet; and she’s designed and written three Crochet Alongs for Woman’s Weekly, plus several blanket patterns for The Knitting Network, an online collection of knitting and crochet products curated by a team of knitting and crochet experts, including members of the Woman’s Weekly design team.
Sue loves lots of forms of crafts, including cooking and baking. She also enjoys spending time with her daughters and grandchildren. Sue lives in Stockport, UK.
- Paperback: 112 pages
- Publisher: Search Press (March 28, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800920229
- ISBN-13: 9781800920224
- Dimensions: 8.0 x 0.35 x 10.25 inches