Strauch Finest 400 Double Wide Drum Carder
MODEL 400 or Strauch's "Finest" Doublewide is the most popular of the line. The wood frame is 2" higher than the other Strauch models. This permits a larger sprocket on the small drum giving a 5:1 ratio (compared to 4:1 ratio for other models) between the 2 drums. This enables a higher speed and increased carding action per revolution. With the brush attachment this cloth can be used successfully with kid mohair, alpaca and angora.
- TPI: 128 (fine)
- Drum Ratio: 5:1
- Drum Width: 15.25"
- Drum Diameter: 7.0"
- Frame Dimensions: 24" long x 18.5" wide x 6" high
- Frame Construction: Solid Ash with Watco Danish Oil Finish
- The popular Knuckle-Saving-Batt-Pick, an invaluable tool for removing the batt without damage to the equipment or the user.
- A Doffer/Cleaner Brush to thoroughly and easily clean any residual fibers from the carding drum.
- A small cleaner/dabber brush for use on the licker in drum.
- Teasing Tool to open locks and tease fiber prior to carding.
- Table clamps to secure the carder to the work surface.