Schacht Sidekick Spinning Wheel
- Integrated storage of bobbins, flyer, and whorls for transport.
- Ratios from 4:1 to 13:1.
- Long, comfortable treadles.
- Uses the same bobbins, whorls and flyer as the Schacht Matchless and Ladybug wheels.
- The Sidekick can be purchased without the bobbin-flyer assembly.
- Employs Scotch tension with a precise control knob.
- The drive wheel spins on ball bearings.
- The flyer turns on self-aligning bearings.
- Drive band tension adjuster allows for all whorls to be used with one drive band.
- 3 Travel Bobbins*
- Fast and Medium Whorls
- Threading Hook
- Adjustable Carrying Strap
- Orange Carry Bag
- Weight - 13 lb.
- Open - 27 1/4" h × 18" w × 15" d
- Folded - 21.5" h x 8.25" w x 15" d
- Orifice Height - 25"
- Orifice Diameter - 3/8"
- Drive Wheel Diameter - 13.7"
The Sidekick Bulky Plyer Flyer Package can be added at any time. See SKU SCH-5002.
The Sidekick W/O - with out Flyer, bobbins or whorls. If you already own a Matchless or Ladybug, you can use your existing flyers, bobbins & whorls on the Sidekick. See SKU SCH-5001.
Receive a free Woolery Introductory Basic Spinning Kit with the purchase of this wheel.
I purchased this Sidekick second hand because I wanted a travel wheel. I already owned the Schacht Ladybug, but I thought this would be easier to transport. It is. It folds up and easily fits on the floor right behind the front car seat. It comes with a carrying strap that snaps on and off, allowing you to carry it over your shoulder at your side. But if I have a distance to walk with it, I just strap it to a luggage cart and go. Once you get used to it, it's easy to fold and unfold for use in just minutes. It spins only in scotch tension mode, but that's enough for me. That's my preferred method. I'd highly recommend this loom, whether or not you want to travel with it. If you are not going to use it for a while, just fold it and slide it in a closet. Doesn't take much space.